[TowerTalk] xm240 Help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] xm240 Help
From: "Chris" <party@about9.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 21:57:29 +0100
Hi all XM240 and 402cd users

Have just built up a new XM240 and installed at 100ft level on its own at this
time,
however resonance is 7.125 and it was set for the cw setting 7.025, (252.5''
driven and 262.5'' ref)  have took her down
and re-measured again and again, I confirm that measurement is taken from the
start of the aluminium on the driven element and not the centre of the
insulator as noted in
the past on this reflector and to date this is not corrected in the manual,
date on the front
new one I received is printed 1998 same as CC web site ??.
Anyway I would say I would get around this by adding about 2 inches to each
element, but why
should I ???, the reason I have bought commercial is that I should not have to
do this.
When I have it at 35ft resonance is about 7.060 and then goes to 7.125 at full
height,
so I should be looking for 7.000 at 35ft at least.
CC have not responded to my e-mails.
Any info you may have at time of your insulation will be appreciated.

Regards

Chris
MI0LLL