Re: [TowerTalk] Tower safety gear

To: "Steve Maki" <steve@oakcom.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower safety gear
From: "Cliff Bond" <WA4MWM@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 21:15:12 -0400
Just a casual observation, but...

Since this thread started I have been looking while driving around town for
utility line crews.  While most have been using bucket trucks only, I have
seen three working on poles -- two power companies and one telephone
company.  All were using simple waist belts with web-type loops.  I asked a
local CATV tech about their equipment.  He said all the company issued to
him was a waist belt with a rope loop.

I guess this new-fangled stuff is slow to get out here in the boonies.

Just my observations... (for what it's worth).

(Reminds me of my admonition to my childern more than a few times: "Do as I
say do, not as I do (do).")

Best wishes for the Memorial Day weekend.

Cliff
NC4CB