Re: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole Mast

To: Jason Dugas <kb5urq@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole Mast
From: Fred Roberts <w6tkv@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 12:01:50 -0700
Jason-

When I got a new awning for my RV, I kept the aluminum tube from the old
one and now use it as a gin pole.  It is 18' long, about 3-1/2" in
diameter, and it light but stiff.  It worked very well for me.  I just
taped an S-hook at the bottom to affix the bottom of the gin-pole by
hooking it onto a tower cross brace. Then, I lashed the gin-pole to the
top of the tower leaving 10-11 feet above the tower for taking down a
40' tower section by section.

It worked well for me.  You might check a local RV dealer to see if they
have an old awning.

73-
Fred, W6TKV