Re: [TowerTalk] Anti-climb measures

To: Alan AB2OS <ab2os@att.net>,towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anti-climb measures
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:31:36 -0400
I made my own anticlimb sections, from plans in an old ARRL Handbook.
 I don't know if they still have the info in the current edition.
Basically, it's 3 sheets of galvanzied sheet metal 18 inches wide
(for Rohn 45) by 5 ft tall, held in place by 2 brackets fashioned
from aluminum angle stock, to hang from the tower rungs. Got the
sheet metal cut at a local machine shop.  As I recall it cost about
$60 for the 3 sections (in 1990).

A not very close-up picture can be seen at
http://www.dl1iao.com/album/w2up99/1.jpg (courtesy of DL1IAO when he
visited in 1999).  Once done, take a picture of it, so in case anyone
does get hurt, you can show the measures you took to prevent idiots
from hurting themselves.
73,
Barry W2UP