Re: [TowerTalk] HF LOG-PERIODIC ANTENNAS Comments Please

To: "hasan Schiers" <schiers@netins.net>,"Towertalk" <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HF LOG-PERIODIC ANTENNAS Comments Please
From: Joe <WD0M@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:02:57 -0600
The first SteppIR has been up for 3 plus years, and has experienced no problems. I had to take my Mosley Pro57B down several times in that period to make adjustments within that same time frame. My SteppIR has weathered, so to speak, heavy snow and ice, plus very high winds here in Colorado. If the snow and ice detune it, it can be adjusted to compensate. Complexity? Sure - I'm sure that's what the OTs said about the first yagi, compared to a dipole. If simplicity is what we want, maybe we should go back to that concept. ;-)

Cheers,

Joe
WDØM