RE: [TowerTalk] EF-240S woes

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] EF-240S woes
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:39:42 -0500
Sure looks like the reflector is really resonating above 6940 once the
antenna is in place.  I would set the driven element to 7060 first with the
reflector open, then lengthen the reflector until minimum VSWR is achieved.
You can measure results easily by raising to about 20 feet on the tram.
This may be a PITA but is a sure fire way to get best performance.  I would
also take a tape measure to both elements to ensure they are equal length.

Keith