Re: [TowerTalk] splicing telephone poles?

To: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>,"towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] splicing telephone poles?
From: "Chris BONDE" <ve7hcb@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:05:03 -0700
I have never heard of that, but, I have heard of splicing a main brace or main
mast
on a sailing ship.  You might want to look at that.

The power poles around here are becoming old and rotten at the base.  A
contractor
comes around and puts in a 'stubby'.  That is he pile drives an "I" beam down
beside
the pole, then drills two holes through the pole (and 'I' beam) through each  a
large
bolt is cinched up.  Sometime they put a bolt through the pole at right angles
to the
other two.  Now you could pull the pole out of the ground a bit and try this.

Chris opr VE7HCB