Re: [TowerTalk] Broken 25G new question.

To: roadrulz@isp.com ("Melvin Brafford"), towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broken 25G new question.
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 10:36:02 -0400
In a message dated 7/8/2004 8:37:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Melvin Brafford"
<roadrulz@isp.com> writes:

>Thanks guys for the many replies to my question. I've decided to cut the
>remains of the original concrete tower section flush and use a tilt base
>plate. I hope to drill 4 holes in the concrete pad, and epoxy/cement 4 1/2 X
>12 J bolts in place with nuts/washers on the bottom and top of the plate.

Umm, you want to use regular straight rod - not J bolts. How do you intend to
install the J hooks in the concrete? J-bolts are used when you're going to be
pouring the concrete around them - not putting them in afterwards. You'd need a
much bigger hole to get the J hooks in and then you'll need lots of epoxy for
the rest of the rod. Regular all-thread from your hardware store is fine. If
your rods have J's on the end, just cut them off.

>  What is the cement/epoxy called? I've asked a worker
>at Lowe's, and he didn't know. There seem to be a lot of people who use this
>scheme, but info on the actual product seems to be in short supply.

Check the Yellow Pages and make a couple of calls to industrial suppliers and
see what they recommend. The last stuff I got was at the rental store where I
rented the concrete drill. In any case, the epoxy will be stronger than the
concrete.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH