Re: [TowerTalk] Tower measurements & broadcast interference

To: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>,richard@karlquist.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower measurements & broadcast interference
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:45:54 -0700
At 03:26 PM 7/9/2004 -0400, Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 wrote:
But where can one get a N2PK kit?  AS is pointed out, it's very
inefficient to order parts for a one-of, and the last info on kitting
is a bit aged.

The URL for the unit is http://users.adelphia.net/~n2pk/

73, doug

Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:14:20 -0700 (PDT) From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>

   The N2PK analyzer uses a heterodyne system that should
   much less susceptable to BCI.  That is the ultimate
   solution to this problem.

__

I was about to ask exactly the same question.

I had been thinking about modifying a SDR1000 to do a similar thing. It has the DDS and the the synchronous modulator and demodulator. You'd only really need the latter, of course. There isn't a convenient output for the DDS output (to drive the test set), but I think you could pull a high impedance tap off the output of the DDS output filters and run it to a suitable buffer.

The other approach is to get the AD9854 eval board from Analog Devices for $250 and a suitable mixer/receiver as an eval board from Maxim.