RE: [TowerTalk] (no subject)

To: <w7am@juno.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] (no subject)
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 16:02:23 -0000
Repeat after me.. google is our friend...
I had my doubts on this one, but sometimes it is amazing what you find
on there... just searched for "100vdc motor"...  only 895 hits.  Lots
for motor controllers and other related stuff... but a couple
interesting ones.  From a couple of them it sounds like some treadmills
use 110vdc motors in them which were being scavenged for some other use.

Here is one selling a motor that is almost the right size I think:
http://www.alltronics.com/motors.htm

it might be worth a search on grainger's or newark's web sites, it seems
like it is a common voltage so it wouldn't surprise me if they had an
exact replacement somewhere.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net