Re: [TowerTalk] Replying to the list...AGAIN!

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Replying to the list...AGAIN!
From: G1 <mcduffie@actcom.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:47:50 -0600
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:08:14 -0400, Tony King - W4ZT wrote:

> I agree with the vast majority that the list should be
> default reply to the list.

Careful.  I AM one who prefers replies to the list, but I know that this
subject has come up MANY times in the past and you just aren't hearing
much from the people who want it the way it is.  Don't assume that just
because you are reading mostly opposite opinions, the majority feels
that way.

This has been a friendly, off topic (as Steve will soon jump in and
complain about) discussion.  Some of the language is escalating to the
point where someone is going to go overboard soon.

The point has been made already that this list does have an "owner", and
this is the way they want it run.  It's like a privately owned repeater.
You might not like it, but that's the way it is.  It's certainly better
than not having the list at all.  Discussion about change is fine, as is
talking to the list owner about it.  But the discussion has to be
tempered.  If the list owner wants to change it, he will.

Enough OT input from me.  I'm done.  ;o)

Gary

--
ag0n at arrl dot net
http colon slash slash garymcduffie dot com