[TowerTalk] that 70' limit

To: "TowerTalk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] that 70' limit
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:59:37 -0500
I wouldn't worry a whole lot about a few extra feet.
If they are giving you 70' total, That's pretty good and I'm willing to bet no
one is
going to climb up there to drop a tape measure.

but......

I was once called out with my Fire Company to put the big ladder truck next to
a hotel's
roadside sign.
They had a 70' limit.
They were told that we would be there on Wed. afternoon to measure and if it
was more than
70' over the ground they would be required to take it down.

Guess what...when we arrived on Wednesday, there was a berm and plantings
around the base
of the sign post, almost 5 feet over the grade of the rest of the area.

Village inspector told me to not even bother putting up the aerial.

That planting area is still there 20 years later.

I'd go with the tallest tower and put a long mast INSIDE the tower with the
rotator lower
than normal. Then let your imagination work as to how masts can grow.

My hockey mom can beat up your soccer mom.

Bill H. in Chicagoland