RE: [TowerTalk] Hole Digging Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Hole Digging Question
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:37:32 -0000
> OK, I can't stand it.  I'll offer what my grandfather taught me.
> When you have a lot of dirt in a situation like this, just "Dig a
> hole and bury it!"

he had the right idea.  Topsoil has a lot of air and water in it from
all the critters that dig holes as they go about daily life and plant
roots.  If you dig your hole bigger than needed and use forms like I
need to prevent collapse before pouring there is barely enough dirt to
fill in the hole after the concrete is poured... often for anchors there
is a depression left and I have to bring in dirt to fill it.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net