RE: [TowerTalk] Ignitor for Cadwelds

To: <john.brewer@us.schneider-electric.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Ignitor for Cadwelds
From: "Dubovsky, George" <George.Dubovsky@andrew.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:57:06 -0400
I have lit them off in a pinch by cutting a clothes hanger apart to get
a 1 ft or so wire, heated the end of it to red or yellow heat with a
propane torch, and then immediately touched that end of the wire to the
ignition powder in the one-shot. That way, the powder is not blown away
by the propane flame.

Safety note: DEFINITELY WEAR HEAVY GLOVES AND SUITABLE EYE PROTECTION. I
WEAR SHADE 5.0 GAS WELDING GOGGLES WHEN I DO CADWELDS.

geo - n4ua