[TowerTalk] INFO NEEDED on TRI-EX MW-50

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] INFO NEEDED on TRI-EX MW-50
From: "RCARIELLO" <RCARIELLO@si.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 03:34:29 -0000
Hello to all,

I have a TRI-EX tower model MW-50.

The information I have tells me a set of guy wires are needed at the 12 foot
point of the tower for 6 Sq. Ft of antenna load to survive a 50 mph wind.

I will be using the tower as a tie off point for a thin rope. No antennas
will be on the tower. This rope will go to another tie off point about 200
feet away. Wire verticals for 160 and 80 meters will hang off this rope.

Can this tower be used in this way without any guy wires?
Are guy wires needed on the tower to simply stand without any load?

Thanks for your help

Rich AA2MF