RE: [BULK] - [TowerTalk] INFO NEEDED on TRI-EX MW-50

To: 'RCARIELLO' <RCARIELLO@si.rr.com>, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [BULK] - [TowerTalk] INFO NEEDED on TRI-EX MW-50
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 07:18:35 -0700
The MW series was *not* self-supporting, nor intended to be.  I had an MW-65
for several years, and it needed at least two sets of guys to support just
itself in a strong wind, with no antenna load.

Your wire antennas could be used as an upper set of guys, actually, if the
load is well balanced; that is, the "pull" is the same in a few opposing
directions.  That's a little bit risky, because if one wire breaks, the
tower could fall over in the opposite direction.  But if the wires and ropes
are strong enough, (and not attached to stuff that moves around, like
trees!), I would think they could be used as permanent guys, if this is
engineered properly.

WB2WIK/6

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." - Ken
Olson, Chairman & Founder, Digital Equipment Corporation (1977)