[TowerTalk] MARC Software

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MARC Software
From: "Julio Peralta" <jperalta@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:13:24 -0400
I've been working with the MARC (Mast,Antenna,Rotor Calculator) software, which
is sold by Champion Radio, to do some calculations for my clubs tower project.

While doing the calculations for what we will need for a rotor I noticed that
the answer is given in FT-LB of torque. All the rotor specs are in IN-LB of
torque. Does anyone know if this is a typo or is it correct? The rotors that
are listed all have ratings that could be used if the resultant torque is
really IN-LB. Steve suggested dividing the FT-LB number by 12 but the answer is
so low that it doesn't seem right.

Is anyone able to shed a little light on this.

Julio, W4HY