Re: [TowerTalk] Actual LP Performance vs Tribanders

To: aa6yq@ambersoft.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Actual LP Performance vs Tribanders
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:25:49 -0700
Hi Dave,

Maybe it's different now, but earlier GPS units were pretty inaccurate in the up and down direction. For example, I was trying out my Garmin GPS II on the ferry boat between Vancouver and Vancouver Island. It informed me at one point that I was 400 ft below sea level! I considered complaining to the Captain about his poor seamanship skills but thought better of it. :-)

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

Dave Bernstein wrote:

Well, I've never written an autopilot, but one based around an on-board
GPS sounds like a fun project. My hands are a bit full with DXLab right
now, but I will give it some serious thought.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ