[TowerTalk] Lightning Protection Corp & Bucs Stadium?

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning Protection Corp & Bucs Stadium?
From: doc <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 10:34:36 -0700
There was just a story on tv Channel 8 here in
the Tampa Bay area about the lightning protection
system installed for the stadium the Bucs use.

The text on screen labeled the company as
Lightning Protection Corp.

They have installed 4 devices on 100'+ poles around
the stadium perimeter.

The description was that the blue and silver cone-shaped
devices solid state electronics "absorbs/captures" the
pre-strike energy and attracts the lightning strike by
providing the best-possible path channeling it to ground
-- thus they create an umbrella of protection for the
occupants of the stadium.

The newscaster noted that they also provide these
devices to industrial, military, and residential
customers.

I searched for the story on TBO.com with no success.

I also looked for Lightning Protection Corp. but their
site shows no such device that I scould see.

Anyone familiar with the specific device or the correct
name and Web site for the manufacturer?  I'd like to
get a closer look at their product.

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
West Central Florida  100% Linux.  Suse 9.1