Re: [TowerTalk] Motorizing a TX-472

To: <N8DCJ@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Motorizing a TX-472
From: "W1GOR" <W1GOR@Maine.RR.Com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:37:03 -0400
Dan,

A low speed electric drill having a chuck capacity large enough to fit the
(crank) shaft will allow you to raise and lower the tower.   When not being
used as the tower motor, it can be kept inside, out of the weather.   If the
shaft is oversized, a reducing adapter can be machined at low cost.

73, Larry - W1GOR