[TowerTalk] Shunt Fed Tower

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shunt Fed Tower
From: "Byron Tatum" <bjtatum@ev1.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 14:11:32 -0500
Hello-
    I plan to shunt feed my 92' model 45-G tower for 160 and 80 meters.Can
anyone suggest some good web pages regarding such?
    I have the book " Low Band DX'ing" and have read the section on shunt
feeding a tower.
    Mine will have approx. 18' of mast out the top of tower, with a pair of M2
18-XXX 144 Mhz. yagis, a long boom 222 yagi and a six meter 7 ele. yagi. What
would be an estimate of my towers electrical length?
    I plan to build a 3 wire cage about 6" OD for the gamma wire. My tower is
insulated from the guys and well grounded. I do plan to install some
radials.All of my feedlines and control lines will be buried in conduit.
    Anyone have any suggestions on how they would do it? I would like to be
able to do both 160 and 80 meters in one.
                        Thanks, Byron.