RE: [TowerTalk] Tram Line Attachment

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Tram Line Attachment
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:04:34 -0500
Thanks for the advice.  The antenna is F12 C-4XL (30' boom, 65 lb) and will
be mounted two feet above the top of the tower.  I like the idea of rope
loop on the mast with carabiner.  A mountain climber friend showed me how to
tie a rope to a guy wire so that it will not slip.  The tram is 1/4 EHS and
already terminated with thimble and grip.  I am thinking it should be
attached a couple feet above the mounting point.

There is a guy at the very top of the tower, directly opposite the tram.  If
the tram is attached 4 feet above, is this guy sufficient for the back-guy?

Keith NM5G