RE: [TowerTalk] Looking for on-line source for tower bolts McamasterCarr

To: "'Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)'" <nv8a@att.net>,"'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Looking for on-line source for tower bolts McamasterCarr
From: "Kevin Adam" <n9iww2@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:07:21 -0500
Mcmaster Carr they carry them.
N9IWW
Kevin Adam
1239 W. Till Road
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46825-2145

-----Original Message-----
From: towertalk-bounces@contesting.com
[mailto:towertalk-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 4:35 PM
To: towertalk reflector
Cc: Charles Johnson
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for on-line source for tower bolts

I think I've read (here?) that stainless steel isn't necessarily strong
enough for what you want.

I am sure I've seen hi-tensile (but not stainless) bolts and nuts around
here -- Holland, MI -- if not at Lowes, then at Menards (regional chain).

Alan NV8A

On 08/16/04 10:55 am Charles Johnson put fingers to keyboard and
launched the following message into cyberspace:

> Am looking for an on-line source for replacement tower bolts, pins, etc.
Stainless, galvanized, high strength, etc. Anyone have a favorite place that
you've ordered from before and had a good experience? Am working on an old
crankup tower and most of the hardware needs replacing.  The local hardware
stores don't carry a very good selection  of this type of thing.