Re: [TowerTalk] Re Tower Bolts

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re Tower Bolts
From: GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 06:29:35 -0700 (PDT)
No, I never have. I've seen pictures of the ice storm
damage to W3GM's antenna farm in the late 60's. The
tallest towers were so loaded with ice that the
extreme weight caused the tubing at the tower leg
junctions to split and creep downward an inch or two.
This elongated all the bolt holes and they ended up as
inch long "slots". No tower bolts were sheared even in
this extreme situation.

73, Stew K3ND

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail