Re: [TowerTalk] Trylon

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Trylon
From: Bill Austin <billaustin@powernet.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 05:29:33 -0700
I like my Trylon tower, but it's only been up a few months. To get what you want will probably require one of the Super Titan towers, especially if you need Stamped Drawings for the building permit. I put up my 60 foot free-standing S500 Super Titan in southern Nevada. The base section is planted in ~13 yards of 4500psi concrete. I started working on the project in June 2003, and I am just now finishing up the final inspection process. One of these days, I'll have to get my pictures up.

I don't have any regrets. The tower appers to be quite sturdy. The Super Titan, though, is also a little more expensive than some of the others that are available.

Good luck in your search.

Bill Austin
KD7ZAH

I've been reading the archives, <boy what a chore>, about Trylon
towers.  There seems to be a mixed consensus but leaning towards the
negative.  Most of the posts were somewhat dated 3+ years back and I
was wondering if there has been any significant changes in the product
that may swing the pendulum in the other direction?  I'm still leaning
towards a 45G but looking at options.

A thumbnail of the plans are a ~80-100 tower, F12 XR5 C3i on
50/144/222/432 total weight ~150# total wind ~20 sq ft.  Location ~100
miles inland from Galveston TX so potential for near 100 mph hour
winds exists.  Obviously, ice loading is not a problem.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

Character = How you treat people who can do nothing for you in return!