[TowerTalk] tower cost #2

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower cost #2
From: Greenacres113@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:45:03 EDT
scrounging tower is great if you're looking for smaller size towers. say rohn
25.

i live in nw tn. in the country. i've got 6 rohn towers up.

#1 is 50' rohn 25 tiltover. bought it from a friend who moved to az.
#2  is 30'  ''    my dad used for  his 2 mtr beam. he didn't want the tower
at his new qth so we put up a gnd/plane for vhf & one of my spare 14avq vert.
#3,4,5 and 6 were scrounged.[ all 40' for my wire arrays] bought 3 sections
at a hamfest  for $20 a section .traded a guy something for 2  more. my uncle
gave me 1 as he's got cable and the tv ant. was just wearing away not being
used. my neighbor gave me 4 for  basicly helping him take down an unused tv
tower.he's got cable.
got 3 from my old boss before i retired. same reason.had  two furnature guys
deliver something and they told me they were taking one down for an elderly
lady and was i interested. local ham had 1 he had to keep moving to mow so
there
came another one.

you can put an ad in the local paper or shopper. put a note on the public
bultn. boards at a local grocery or wallymart. if you spend a bit of  $ and
maybe
a little work they will appear. with cable & the dish a lot of people  just
want the tower gone.

this is a lot tougher if you want rohn 45 or bigger but most of us use rohn
25. you can't learn if you don't ask. worst you get is no or sorry but
sometimes it's yes!
k9il