Re: [TowerTalk] Exothermic/Cadwelds one shots etc...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Exothermic/Cadwelds one shots etc...
From: "Chuck Lewis" <clewis@knology.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:13:06 -0500
My dilemma regarding cadwelds has to do with the fact that at my QTH there's
an impenetrable (and thick) sandstone layer 4-5 feet below the surface. I
have always had to drive rods at an angle in order to get all eight feet
buried. This seems to work well, and I would like to replace the compression
fittings with cadweld; but I'm stumped because it appears that the rod needs
to be plumb in order to keep the shot material in the mold. I suppose I
could REALLY bury the things, and use a rebar bender to turn the ends up so
they're vertical, but that's the only solution I have been able to come up
with.

Any other suggestions from the group?

Chuck, N4NM