Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Suggestions???

To: K0PYK <k0pyk@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Suggestions???
From: k0myw@att.net
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 01:24:12 +0000
Tom,

I am happy with my U.S. Tower 55-foot crank-up/tilt-over tower.

The point others have made about the limited use of the tilt-over feature once
a large beam is installed atop the tower is valid. But so is the comment that
ladder rungs are easier to stand on than tower rungs. Perhaps it would be
possible for you to install the tower close enough to another structure, thus
making access to antennas possible from a rooftop -- although there are
disadvantages associated with such arrangements.

For routine cranking up and down of the tower, if you want to avoid the
"Armstrong method" of winch operation, a hefty electric drill can provide
low-cost mechanical muscle.

One consideration seldom mentioned is delivery expense. U.S. Tower, which is
headquartered in California, recently added a plant in Kansas, greatly reducing
shipping costs to the Midwest (I think your QTH is in Minnesota). It even is
possible to pick it up at the factory yourself. So when you're shopping, be
sure to take shipping costs into consideration.

Good luck!

Mike, KØMYW

-------------- Original message from K0PYK : --------------