Re: [TowerTalk] Operating in Canada

To: "'Tower Talk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Operating in Canada
From: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 14:34:55 -0400
The only gotcha that I could find out -- and it doesn't apply to many people -- is that one has to be a US citizen. Or, more generally, one has to be a citizen of the country that issued the license.

As an Australian citizen with a US License, I decided that I was not going to try to operate in Canada.

Alan NV8A

On 09/02/04 11:29 pm Dave Cook put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

The concensus is that I just need a copy of my license. Apparently (from the
concensus of opinions) is that the free travel between the USA and Canada
applies to operating ham radio as well. The only restriction is that I must
operate in the US ham band allocations (per my license privledges), and am
not allowed to operate as a Canadian in their band allocations.