[TowerTalk] 6m Yagi

To: "Towertalk@Contesting.Com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 6m Yagi
From: "daniel hearn" <dhearn@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:24:06 -0700
I have aquired a 6 el 6m yagi with no information on it. I believe it is a
Hygain product. The boom is 24 ft long and it uses stamped clamshell boom to
element clamps. The elements are 7/16 diameter.
  A search has found an almost identical beam except for one item. Mine
inserts the 7/16 elements into the clamshell clamp. The beam info located
uses 7 1/2 inch 5/8 sleeves over the 7/16 elements where they are inserted
into the clamshell clamps, apparently to strengthen the elements. I suspect
it is a later model of the beam I have. The clamps on mine fit the 7/16
elements and will not fit a 5/8 element end. They are made of sheet material
which measures 0.095 thick,they have a width of 1 3/4 inches, and extend 2
1/2 inches each side of the 2 inch boom.
  Does anyone have the element lengths for my beam? If not what would be a
reasonable guess for a correction factor to convert element lengths for a
7/16 element  with 7 1/2 sleeves on each side of the clamp to equivalent
electrical lengths of 7/16 elements without the sleeves? 73, Dan, N5AR