Re: [TowerTalk] Tower base dimensions - why?

To: Jim Miller <JimMiller@STL-Online.Net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower base dimensions - why?
From: "Alan C. Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 19:32:28 -0700
One thing to consider is what your Bldg Dept requires before they will issue a Bldg Permit. In my case they required 90 MPH Wind Calcs to IBC-2000 specs. I was going to order a tower from U.S. Towers but all they could provide were 70 MPH wind calcs to UBC-97 specs. These were not acceptable to my Bldg Dept. U.S. Towers does not have a full time PE on staff to do the wind calcs and told me they could get them from an outside P.E. for $250.00. I gave them the OK to contact the outside P.E. but he was not able to provide them.
Guess what I'm trying to say is rather than seeing what all the options are find out first what will be accepted.
73 & GL

Jim Miller wrote:
Your answer is exactly why I think the deeper base would be the most stable.
Guess I didn't specify why in the original message.  Waiting to see what the
engineers have to say.  Good luck with Ivan.  Looks like you will get real
wet if nothing else.

73, Jim

----- Original Message ----- From: <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com>