[TowerTalk] Re Verticals in Woods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re Verticals in Woods
From: "Jack Schuster" <w1wef@intergate.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:07:20 -0400
My phased 4 squares on 80 work fine. I have 8 wire verticals suspended from
trees, most folded over the top for up to about ten feet, with 12 elevated
radials on each.  Biggest downside is maintenance due to trees and branches
falling on radials, but that's not really all that bad. I might have spent
three hours on repairs before the Sprint, and hadn't done anything with it
for 6 months prior.   JACK W1WEF