RE: [TowerTalk] Stacking a WARC above a Tribander

To: bruceosterberg@msn.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Stacking a WARC above a Tribander
From: "Wally Klinger" <wklinn@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:53:24 -0500
Hi Bruce,

I have a A3WS about 8 or 9 feet over my C31XR. No problems that I can tell. If you want to stroll a few miles east to my QTH and try it/them out, have at it!

If you can come up with an antenna that gives you a wee bit better performance on 17 vs. 12 it would be good given the status of the solar cycle. You can add directors and gain to 12 later when we are on the way up.

73--Wally W9BEA

Good Morning:

Does anybody have any experience stacking a two element WARC band Beam above a Tribander, (EG Bencher Skyhawk)? I have the Two element OPTIBEAM that plays very well on a roof TOP TRIPOD but would like to move it Above my Tribander. I would Have the Tribander at 73 Feet, WARC at 80 FEET and a Two element 40 at 87 Feet. Does this seem ok for no Interaction?

Any Help would be appreciated as winter is coming. And yes the tower would handle this windload.

N9BX 73 Bruce