[TowerTalk] 25 Tower Loading

To: ascot1@insightbb.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 25 Tower Loading
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:13:29 -0400
>I currently have a Rohn 25 which has a house bracket at about 10' and
>phillystran at 40'.  The phillystran is the 4000# type.  I am planning on
>installing a Shorty Forty about 8" above the top of the tower and a
>Tennadyne T-8, 8 element log periodic about 10' above that.  I'm concerned I
>may be overloading the tower, I would like some opinions.  I do not have
>anyspec's on the Rohn towers.

You need some more specs; i.e. your local windspeed rating (available from
www.championradio.com under Tech Notes if you dont' have it) and the square
footage wind load of the antennas. Forty feet of 25G is rated at 18 sq.ft. of
windload @ 70 MPH so you're probably in the ballpark.

Cheers,
Steve   K7LXC
TOWER TECH -