Fwd: [TowerTalk] Re: antennas and trees.

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Fwd: [TowerTalk] Re: antennas and trees.
From: Jamesnf@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:06:36 EDT
In a message dated 9/18/2004 1:22:52 PM Central Standard Time,
kq2m@earthlink.net writes:
My yagis worked fine too, until I spent a lot of time computer
modeling them over my terrain.  I found better configurations
which provided more wave angle coverage and better stacking
patterns and gain.  They worked fine before.
Fortunately I did not rely on the "they work fine" concept of
antenna design.  I knew they could work better and
as a result of my modeling and hard work, my yagis work much better now!

Bob:

Your comments are just too vague and subjective.  "My yagis work much better
now!"  Much better than what?  Over what paths?  Better gain?  Better
bandwidth?  Better performance per dollar or just better absolute performance?
Better
suvivability?  C'mon Bob, let us in on the details!

73,

Jim W9TM