Re: [TowerTalk] Delta Loop Info and Opinions?

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Delta Loop Info and Opinions?
From: "Tim Makins, EI8IC" <contesting@eircom.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:39:01 +0100
Whilst on the subject of Delta Loops, and 'better bang for the buck', I'd
like to ask whether anyone has any comments about the Delta-Loop Beam ????

There's a few photos of one here:
http://people.mail2me.com.au/~vk4vkd/old_photos.htm

though on some of them, he seems to have it on the same boom as a yagi.

Basically, there are two lengths of aluminium in a V-shape, with a wire
across the top to complete the loop. I guess it would put the average height
slightly above that of a yagi. The total width might be of interest to those
on small lots. The feed seems to be a gamma-match - fairly clear on pics 11
and 13.

Has anyone ever used one of these ?? Any building tips?? Do you have any
comments about it, vs. a yagi ???

73s Tim EI8IC
www.mapability.com/ei8ic
Ham Map Heaven. Newbie and Contester Resources.