[TowerTalk] Balun Telrex

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Balun Telrex
From: CubexCo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:04:00 EDT
In a message dated 9/21/2004 11:26:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
I need some help with a balun for a TB6Em too.
Can anyone tell me if the balun is 1:1 or 4:1??

73, Tom W8JI
====================
Tom,
It should be 1:1, it uses a coil of Coaxial cable and a length of #10 of
insulated wire to make the balun.

I had the predecessor to the TB6E called the TM-30C, it was the same
design,using a hairpin loop for Z transformation.  I am sure the later models
use the
same balun design, Mike was not much for change.

PS I enjoyed your article on receivers in World Radio.

Regards,
Norm W4QN

"The Power of a Cubex Quad"

http://www.cubex.com/