[TowerTalk] new Steppir antenna

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] new Steppir antenna
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 10:24:39 -0700
I believe that a posting on Towertalk hinted at a new Steppir antenna.
I don't have any idea as to what it might be but do Towertalkians think
the following two antennas would be successfully marketed?

1.  A two element Monsterette.  Similar to the current Monsterette but
having only two elements--possibly more elements on bands other than 40
meters. One advantage would be less windload allowing typical crankups
to be used.  A second advantage would be to enable complete assembly to
the tower from the ground by swing each end of boom to the ground.  Of
course this antenna would be less expensive but still provide worthwhile
gain!

2. The second antenna would be identical to the above Monsterette but
with the following addition:

A relay switchable linear  loaded wire to add use on 80/75 meters.  I
haven't done the calculations but expect that the  range of the
extendable elements would cover the entire band in conjunction with the
linear loaded wire?

What do you all think?

k7puc