RE: [TowerTalk] SteppIR, still in business?

To: "'Martin Sole'" <msole@loxinfo.co.th>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] SteppIR, still in business?
From: "Brian Lambert" <n1ik@n1ik.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 05:18:07 -0400
Martin,

Not sure what's happening in your case, but I sent mail to SteppIR a few
weeks back and received a response from Mike Mertel (President) right away
-- under one day elapsed time.  A followup question was answered equally
quickly.

The lead time for a 4 element was reported at ~8 weeks.  It's a small
company, and they make a popular product...

So, perhaps they're just busy or something.

BTW, I just took delivery of a pair of new-in-box, but previously owned, 4
element SteppIR Yagis yesterday.  I got one of them, and a friend got the
other.

The quality of construction looks to be outstanding.  I'm relatively new to
this game, this being my first Yagi antenna, but I can see how much
attention to detail has been paid to the design and construction of their
product.  I know crap when I see it -- this is a high quality antenna.

I will be building the antenna today.  (Soon as I get two more features
finished for my client from hell.)  We'll see how that goes!

Best 73's!

N1IK, Brian Lambert