RE: [TowerTalk] RE: [Antennas] loax 'sweet lenght'

To: Jamesnf@aol.com, k1ttt@arrl.net, alwilliams@olywa.net,TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] RE: [Antennas] loax 'sweet lenght'
From: "Daly, Greg TQO" <gdaly@tqs.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:14:37 -0700
Jim:

     You might also point out that as line length increases match improves.
An infinitely long 50 ohm transmission line will make an infinitely high
standing wave ratio at the antenna end appear to be a perfectly resistive 50
ohm match at the transmitter end.

     So, to improve the match that your transmitter "sees" your transmission
line should be as long as possible. In addition to providing your
transmitter a very accurate 50 ohm load this antenna matching method greatly
reduces QRM for the rest of us. ;-)

73 / GOOD DX DE WB7RSG

Greg.