[TowerTalk] Re: Tower Talk BPL

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Tower Talk BPL
From: "Robert Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:24:55 -0400
People who teach critical thinking and "logic" skills teach
others to be OBJECTIVE and balanced in their UNBIASED
assessment of the facts.  In this instance you did neither.

> Obvious to one who teaches critical thinking and logic skills.

The only thing that was "Obvious" was the hypocrisy of bashing
people whose ideological  beliefs you don't like while staying silent about
the beliefs of partyniks that you do like, who in this case are the
cheerleaders and perpetrators of this disaster that affects our
national security!

If you had bashed BOTH sides, then you would have gotten no
argument from me.

 > If we are to defend the hobby we need to watch out for those
> who will lead us down the primrose path of pretending to be
> our friends and who then betray us.

That's fine.  And that includes members of BOTH parties.  And then
let's be upfront about the real danger that this administration and party,
BOTH Republican, pose to all of us that are not "Big Bidness".

BPL is only ONE of many, large business interests that this Administration
panders to "in the name of the people", including, but not limited to
Big Pharma, Big Oil, Steel, Big Farmers, NASCAR, the PGA, and many others.
Try to remember that when you vote on November 2.

> We are in better stead to deal with those who directly and
> honestly disagree.

Yes, we certainly agree on that.

> It is not partisanship, it is wisdom.  IMHO, YMMV :-)  doc

It IS partisanship when you mention only one side, and you DO NOT
mention the side that created the problem and caused the damage!

Bob KQ2M