RE: [TowerTalk] elevated anchor guy points

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] elevated anchor guy points
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:31:57 -0500
I use pipe.  Each pipe is buried about 5 feet with a few inches of gravel at
the bottom and about 4 yards of concrete.  A friend who is also a CE for the
county came by to see the installation just after the concrete was poured.
He laughed when I asked him if he thought I had enough concrete for a 150
foot tower.  He said 4 yards of concrete has sufficient weight to hold the
tower even if poured on top of the ground. :-)