Re: [TowerTalk] ROTORS

To: Jeff Goldman <k3dua@erols.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ROTORS
From: "Tower (K8RI)" <tower@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:40:23 -0400

Jeff Goldman wrote:

TT,

I am trying to decide on a new rotor for my antenna system. I have narrowed down the choices to either the ORION 2800 (from M-squared), or the PST-61D or PST-61HD from Prosistel (from Array Solutions).

The 2800 and PST-61D seem to be about the same specs, and roughly the same price. Any comments pro or con of these two rotors would be appreciated. Also, is the big price difference for the PST-61HD worth it?

I have the PST61. I'd have to look up whether it's an HD or not. It does have the digit al display and computer interface.

It's worked very well for the last two years. Prior to the PST61 I went through two Hy-Gain HDR300s and a tail twister in as many weeks.

OTOH 2 years is not long enough for a good evaluation.

Roger Halstead (K8RI ARRL Life Member)
Worlds Oldest Debonair (N833R S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Thanks for your advice and help.