Re: [TowerTalk] New antenna system

To: "(Reflector) TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Floyd Sense" <fsense@copper.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New antenna system
From: "Jerry Keller" <k3bz@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 18:17:25 -0500
Floyd... OK, I plead guilty. I'm a member of the SteppIR "cult". But I can assure you (because I moderate it) that the SteppIR reflector tolerates ANY and ALL comments, thoughts, questions, and suggestions.... positive or negative (as long as they're polite)... concerning Fluidmotion's SteppIR antenna products. Nothing is edited. Nothing is screened. And you know, in a more than a couple of years now, and with more than 4000 postings by more than 600 members...we have never had a flame war, not even a skirmish. I think that's because so many of us are in substantial agreement... the SteppIR antennas are pretty good. Sure, they have limitations... what antenna doesn't? Sure, they have idiosyncrasies... what piece of gear doesn't? But they are new and cutting edge and fascinating and efficient and fun and not everybody has one.

I'm with you, Floyd.... I'm absolutely astounded that these antennas have so few negative comments. But I assure you, it's not because of our "cult" status.... I think it's because the SteppIR antennas are just that damn good. Wait until you've had yours a while.... I bet you will wear the funny hat and dance around the fire with the rest of us....

73, Jerry K3BZ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Floyd Sense" <fsense@copper.net>