[TowerTalk] Shorty 40 - LXC Secret Dimensions

To: ve5ra@sasktel.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shorty 40 - LXC Secret Dimensions
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:20:07 -0500
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] shorty forty

>> Has anyone successfully added a CW/SSB relay box to the driven element of
>> the Cushcraft XM240?  And if so, how did you do it?

You really don't need any switching. Split the measurement dimensions between
CW and MID and the resonance will be around 7.070 with the 2.0:1 will be 7.000
and 7.250. That should be enough for just about anything but the SPAM guys.

And definitely go for the CC over the F12. I just talked to W6ISO yesterday and
he was lamenting how disappointed he was with the 2L 40 on his C4XL. I replaced
a 4L KLM (another linear loaded 40M yagi) years ago with the 402CD and didn't
feel I gave anything away performance-wise.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH