RE: [TowerTalk] R7 SWR

To: "'ed'" <stang416@magma.ca>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] R7 SWR
From: "W4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:40:49 -0500
Try this link:

http://www.iol.ie/~bravo/r7_vertical.htm

Usually, the matching unit contained in the plastic box at the R7 base is
the culprit.  Another source is when the mast the R7 is mounted on slips up
and makes contact with the R7 base section.  I always inserted a golf ball
into the bottom of the R7 mounting tube before mounting it on the mast.

Good luck.  They are pretty good antennas for what they are, especially for
40M.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW

Casey Key Island, FL
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"