Re: [TowerTalk] Halogen Bulbs - 1.8 Mhz RFI

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Halogen Bulbs - 1.8 Mhz RFI
From: K2DBK <dkozinn@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:47:03 -0500
I discovered that I've got one of the "bad" types of LV power supplies
for some of my lights, which, unfortunately,  does a really nice job
of generating RFI over a very broad spectrum. (I don't think it
actually makes it as far as the 2m band, but it does show up on 50mHz
and lower.) Fortunately, the lights it powers aren't the primary
lighting for any of the rooms that they are in, so we try to keep them
turned off when I'm at the radio.

The power supply itself is in an easily accessible location in the
basement, and I wouldn't mind replacing it myself. Has anyone had any
experiences with non-noisy supplies like this that they'd recommend?

73,
    David, K2DBK