Re: [TowerTalk] adjusting insulated wire dipole

To: <w7ts@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] adjusting insulated wire dipole
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:30:40 -0500
Something I came to relatively late in my ham life is the realization that you can adjust the resonance of antennas where you only have access to one end, just by lengthening or shortening that one end. I have a K3LR-style lazy-vee dipole array for 40, and have adjusted all 4 dipoles at their bottom ends to bring their lowest SWR frequency up into the CW band, by folding the insulated wire back on itself. The change in resonance seems to track nicely with what would be expected if I had cut off the extra length instead of folding it back.

73, Pete N4ZR