Re: [TowerTalk] adjusting insulated wire dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] adjusting insulated wire dipole
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 07:17:35 -0800
Bringing up the interesting question as to why this incredibly useful
technique isn't mentioned more prominently in the ARRL handbook?

There's lots of talk about trimming/pruning the length of an antenna, which
certainly implies cutting off the wire.  I haven't searched the latest
handbook, but in my 10 year old one, I don't see any mention of folding and
taping/twisting.