[TowerTalk] Re: Information of Wireless LAN

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Information of Wireless LAN
From: Bob Smith <na6t@na6t.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:32:02 -0800

Hi,

I've been installing the wireless for the ISP (wisp industry) end of the connection
for a living for the past 4 years. Here are a few places to start:

This will get you to mfgrs, installers, techniques,, etc

http://isp-planet.com/fixed_wireless/index.html
http://www.odessaoffice.com/wireless/
http://www.wispa.org/

ISP lists for operators and techs info help etc

isp-wireless@isp-wireless.com
equipment-l-subscribe@wisp-equipment.net

Hope this helps, The only way to learn about this is start reading,, been there, done that,
started my own WISP, didn't want to answer questions from people for tech support,, sold it
and started doing the installations,, what better way to live than hanging from a 200' tower in
the summer with microwaves all around,,hehe

Gud luck, it's been real interesting, and radio is 'black magic' to the computer geek and
that's when I come in and do my magic,, for a price.

Bob Smith Robert Smith Consulting "Wireless Installations -- Government, Businesses & ISP's" F.C.C. Licensed-Commercial & Amateur Services A.R.S NA6T ARRL Life Member 1-707-964-4931 w/answering machine Fort Bragg, California 95437

"On The Air-Conditioned Mendocino Coast, In REAL Northern California"
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Hi Everybody,
I wanna want some information on the following things:
1. Guidelines for choosing Wireless LAN 802.11 Equipment,
2. Is the Refractive Index applicable for light rays same for the RF?
3. How does Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) work?
I have just started getting trained for HAM and wireless networks, so i would be posting lots of
questions.
Friends Please Help ME!!!
Regards,
YA